Writing An Environmental Dissertation: Topic Ideas
The environment is a popular topic these days with global warming often at the center of most discussions. There are many other issues associated with the environment however and many interesting features that can be turned into an informative research venture. Here are 10 examples of environmental dissertation topic ideas:
- Explore and discuss specific examples of the effect that Global Warming has had on the environment giving photographic or verifiable experimental data that undeniably supports the phenomenon of Global Warming.
- Show how the oil industry has affected the natural habitats of the ocean and examine whether there is sufficient evidence to demand a global shut down on all marine oil drilling activities.
- Many areas on Earth have experienced a change in annual rainfall patterns and some people attribute these changes to Global Warming. Research and locate one area on earth where this change has occurred as a result of deforestation and not Global Warming.
- Humans require clean water to drink and so we treat our water supply with many agents to purify it for our consumption. Investigate the possibility that these treatments have adverse effects on the environment and determine the extent if any.
- Human beings are animals and as animals natural selection affects the survival of our species. Yet humans seem to be diverting from the natural course of life and creating their own. How much have humans affected the natural environment of earth compared to the other forms of life that inhabit the planet?
- Drugs used by humans can contaminate natural water sources and affect the living organisms that live there. Is it possible that we could cause the development of a new species of life that could threaten our survival?
- There are tonnes of debris in orbit around earth and despite the great concern governments claim to have about the environment, very little is being done about this orbiting debris. Show how this form of pollution is just as concerning as any other here on Earth.
- Many agencies seek to cure the earth of all the damage done to the planet due to the combustion of fossil fuels yet many of the methods proposed utilize fossil fuel power in order to be executed. Show how this is counter productive.
- Sharks are an important part of the ecology of the ocean despite their threat to beach goers and surfers.
- Developing a way to create artificial coral reefs in a short space of time can greatly decrease the carbon dioxide content of the air and in so doing reduce global temperatures.