How To Come Up With A Dissertation Topic: Tips & Tricks
If you are working on your dissertation, there are a few areas that you can focus on that can help to ensure that you're able to come up with a topic right away. Consider some of these pointers to help get you started.
SUBJECT IDEA HELP
- - For starters, if you're not sure which subject to go with; consider something that is related to current events. You can open your local newspaper and start working on ideas from there. You could also look at the web. By going online, for example and looking at your home page, you might be able to find a quick idea as it relates to current news that's going on, or I or subject matter that might touch your heart.
- - Also, be sure to consider the various subjects that you've worked on in your coursework. For example, if you are studying marketing in your focus has been marketing and different initiatives around that, consider your subject matter being a similar or comparable area and pick out a particular company that you can focus on.
- - Next, refer to your textbook. Occasionally if you go through the different chapters, you may find a case study that you have more ideas about or wish to follow up on. By looking at the various case studies that are available, you could also expound on the information that is thereby adding additional research, and then find other ways that you can conduct your survey around the similar format. Keep in mind that you will likely be running this past your team, so be sure to have all your points ready, as well as a detailed outline.
- - You can also look at past papers that you worked on. Maybe there was a big project that you had to turn in at one point and you had to do a lot of research on it, this may be a good start for you because it might trigger your memory in terms of a correlation between two companies, or an area where you started doing research but you know that you can go in and quickly set up a survey.
- - Also consider just going on the web and doing a general search under the subject you are studying. Look at the first few options that come up and see if you find something worth writing about.
Strategize and start to put your ideas together, and you will quickly find that by using a few of these tips and tricks, you'll be able to come up with a great dissertation topic in no time.