Management Dissertation Ideas: 20 Current Problems To Look Into
Business management is a demanding field. To prepare students for the unique demands of a career in the industry, professors will normally assign a dissertation in graduate school. Students must find a topic as early as possible so that they have plenty of time to research and write the essay. To get started on thinking of a dissertation, students should consider some of the following management dissertation ideas.
Management Dissertation Topics
- 1. Can governments effectively prevent monopolies through anti-trust laws? Look at the monopoly and the legal reaction to Microsoft as an example.
- 2. During business school, students learn about corporate social responsibility and financial performance. Is there a correlation between business profitability or unprofitability and corporate social responsibility?
- 3. What makes a country a good place to practice business? Does the country's transparency and integrity matter in making it a good climate for business?
- 4. How does organizational culture impact the organization's desire to reinvent their image and brand? Use the example of Nokia.
- 5. In the 21st century, humility, courage and transparency have become the bywords of business leaders. Does this reflect a change in the nature of leadership?
- 6. How are national culture and organizational culture related? Use the case in Brazil or do a comparative analysis between two nations to make a point.
- 7. What are some of the stereotypes of women in leadership roles? Do female chief executive officers use the same leadership techniques as their male counterparts?
- 8. What role does providing employee stock options play in encouraging employees to work toward the profitability of a company?
- 9. Does the entry of Starbucks into India demonstrate a case of organizational exhaustion in industrialized marketplaces?
- 10. How can nations work toward improving their competitiveness in international markets?
- 11. How does McDonald's display regional strategic management in the different areas that it holds operations in?
- 12. Amazon previously received attention by the media for setting different prices for different consumers. How does technology allow companies like Amazon to engage in price-setting like never before?
- 13. What techniques are banks like HSBC using to enhance their connectivity with customers?
- 14. What are some of the drivers of China's push into African business marketplaces?
- 15. What are some of the best project management techniques to use in a multicultural environment?
- 16. How can CSR and social entrepreneurship solve community issues in places like South Africa?
- 17. What is the relationship between operational capabilities and the market outcome within companies like Proctor and Gamble?
- 18. What are some of the organizational risk management structures needed to succeed in Caribbean nations like Jamaica?
- 19. Do customer loyalty programs like the Safeway club card actually increase the company's ability to retain customers?
- 20. Since the fall of apartheid, how has the organizational behavior of mining companies in South African changed? What are the optimal management practices in South African mining?