How To Compose A Winning Informatics Dissertation In The APA Format
Informatics is the branch of study that deals with engineered computational system. In this structure and behavior are studied in respect of natural systems.
APA is the abbreviation used for American Psychological Association that has gained tremendous popularity by maximum educational institutions. If you are a college student and are supposed to write your dissertation in the APA format, following factors need to be taken into account-
How to format your dissertation paper in Informatics?
- The first line of every paragraph should be indented by 5-7 spaces using the typing font.
Standard 8 ½ x11 inches of 20 pounds of white paper should be used for printing.
- 1 inch margin should be left from all the sides- left, right, up and down.
- Always Times New Roman or Courier font face should be used.
- The written text should be double spaced.
- Upper right hand corner should be used to write the page numbers. The page number should be written beginning with the title page.
- The page number should be identified using the header. Again the header should be placed on the upper right hand corner of the page leaving 5 spaces on the left hand side.
- Abstract, text, appendices, references, author’s name, foot notes, figures, tables etc should be printed from a fresh page.
- The title page should have complete title in 1-3 lines. It should include the name of the writer, course, number, instructor’s name and the date in the centre with double space lines.
- The reference list should be written at the end of the dissertation paper. It will appear after the text has been finished. Its heading will appear at the centre.
- References will be arranged alphabetically using author’s last name. If one author has contributed to more than one work, the entries should be placed with its publication date (oldest to recent).
- Every entry should be flushed towards the left margin. The subsequent lines should be indented one half inch for the same entry.
- Initials should be used to write the author’s first name. For writing the names of two authors “and” should be used but if there are more than two authors, comma should be used.
- Use underlined or Italics for work cited. The pattern should be used throughout for all titles.
- Use capital letter for witting the names of the reference books.
- For citing articles, write first letter in capital. Do not use quotation marks for writing the names of the article.
- List the volume number using Arabic numerals for referencing periodicals like magazines, scholarly journals etc.